Sunday, November 14, 2010

Things I want right now #7

In truth I've been a little remiss in not popping these up here lately - but then again, they seem to be getting fewer over time.  That said, not 2 minutes ago I read elsewhere on the webs a mention of...

A peanut butter sandwich.



Yep, that's all.  No need to go messing about with its simplicity by adding jam (that's 'jelly' in US English).

I flashed instantly to plain old soft white bread, slightly chewy crust, and smooth peanut butter.  You know I honestly can't recall how long ago it might have been since I had such a thing, because back when I was eating I'd been a multi-grain type guy for years and years, and of course for the last few years PB was just too sticky for my oral functions to handle properly.  Even all melty and oily on toast.  Oh well.

There's that weird feeling again.  I wasn't really hungry just before either but now, well.....

Honour thy peanut butter sandwiches people; one of the true culinary classics of Modern Western Civilisation.  Which, when you think about it, says quite a lot about us, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment