Sunday, March 21, 2010

Respite, once more

Just a quickie, to let y'all know I'm off for a few days of respite again tomorrow, at the place I was last time.  I'm looking forward to it quite a bit this time, as I guess I have a better feeling for how it will probably go. 

So, there's a 50/50 chance you will/won't hear from me (so I guess that's a 100% chance of one of those then) due to a couple of factors.  Firstly, I have entered more fully into the technological age this week, starting with purchasing a wireless internet thingy.  I am assuming that it will work OK and thus I can access the net from my lovely room, or verandah, etc.  This being the case, I still may or may not choose to post.  For me, respite is going to be very much a freedom from thinking beyond minute-to-minute stuff.

The other techy thing I have embarked with is an iPhone, as I was talking about a couple of posts ago.  It is on its way from the happy Apple corporation, along with some accessories (stylus, speaker case) from here and there.  Then the next step will be to download the Proloquo2Go and get started with my new hobby - talking without moving my lips.  Not that my lips move very much as it is.

BTW, I am told by a marketing guy at AssistiveWare (the makers of Proloquo2Go) that he's read my blog post, liked it very much, has passed it to the developer team, and they are most interested in more ideas for changes and improvements.  They already have a sound-sample thing in development so we can, as I was hoping, eventually sample movie and TV lines etc in the orginal voices.


"Are you talkin' to me?"

So, you know, any great ideas...

.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo glad you're getting the iphone and p2g! I told you the developers were very hands on and great!! I'm so glad you heard from them. I'm curious if it was Sam. That's who I sent your link to. They are awesome! And I'm so glad you're in touch with them already. The beginning of a beautiful relationship I'm sure. :)

    Enjoy your respite. I hope you get what you need from it.

    ReplyDelete