Saturday, March 20, 2010

Totally addicted to beige

 
I won't be posting every time I make a blend up, that would be most tedious.  However, I just finished one then and I was actually really happy it turned out a reassuring, fragrant beige. You'll recall a recent blend that was a violent puce.  Here's what I think I put in today. (Insert usual faulty memory disclaimer)

A largish organic orange sweet potato
Some almonds, about 1/3 of a cup
Some great local pinenuts, maybe 1/4 cup
Chia seed, about a heaped Tbspn
Half a red and half a green capsicum (that's bell pepper for some of you)
A medium lebanese cucumber
Huge ripe yellow peach
3 big cloves local garlic (mm, garlic and peach, yum!)
A large bunch of fresh dill
Wakame seaweed, maybe 20 flakes - a large pinch
Olive oil, about 3 Tbspns
Flaxseed oil, about 1 Tbspn
3 cms ginger root, peeled
2 Tbspns organic blackstrap molasses
Organic oat milk
Biodynamic pear and apple juice

No blue M&Ms available today, oh well.  No avocado either, because $3.70 is just too much to pay for a small unripe one from too far away.  I'll wait for the avos.  and this molasses thing, don't get me wrong, it's fabulous stuff, but I had a choice of organic molasses from either Colombia or Paraguay - and we produce so much organic sugar right here in Oz!  There must be some, I'll have to look harder.  Since you're wondering, I went for the Paraguayan molasses.  As I have never imbibed a product of Paraguay before.

I ended up with 7X400ml feeds.  Beige, beautiful beige.

Not beige.  The Rio Paraguay.

1 comment:

  1. The blends I'm doing for my son now are always beige too. It is kind of boring, but then again, so was the yellowish formula I was giving him before.

    By the way, I met a pharmacist who is runs a health food store near by. He's very excited about my switching to blended foods for my son and is anxious to help me out with supplements that will work well for him. I was telling him that I was putting flax oil in his blends and he told me that men should not use flax oil. The oil is good for the women, but never for men. Men should only use the seeds. He says it could cause prostate problems in men. I had never heard that, but then again, I haven't done a whole lot of research on flax oil. Might want to look into that though.

    Thanks for sharing our blend recipe. I'm always looking for new things to feed Andrew.

    ReplyDelete